1 Who we are
We are [RF] and we own and operate website //rockafellow.ventures (Site).
2 What we do
RF provides assistance to Venture Capitalists (VCs) in searching and selecting perspective start-ups throughout all the stages of application process (Services).
- provision of integrated application forms;
- revision of the business plans;
- checking and suggesting amendments to the application documents;
- sending of the start-up’s application documents to qualified professional, dealing with the kind of VCs; and
- other related services, purported to administratively facilitate the application process.
RF reserves the right to refuse in use of the Service to anyone in our sole discretion.
RF provides no warranty that any result or objective can or will be achieved or attained at all or by any specific date. RF is not responsible in any way for the results of the selection process.
4 Nature of relationships
Cooperation between RF and applicants does not create any partnership, joint venture or similar business relationship between the parties. Neither party is a legal representative of the other party, and neither party can assume or create any obligation, representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, on behalf of the other party for any purpose whatsoever.
5 Warranties and liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
The foregoing is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
6 Your use of the Site
You are responsible for all access to the Site using your Internet connection, even if the access is by another person.
We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is available at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that the Site or any individual function or feature of the Site will always be available and/or error free. In particular, the Site may be unavailable during periods when we are implementing upgrades to or carrying out essential maintenance on the Site.
- use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site;
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site. If you wish to reverse engineer any part of the Site to create an interoperable program you must contact us and we may provide interface data subject to verification of your identity and other information;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site;
- frame or mirror any part of the Site without our express prior written consent;
- create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content;
- use any manual or automatic device in any way to gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service.
We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
The Site may provide links to other websites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Your use of third party websites and resources is at your own risk.
You may create a link to this Site, provided that:
- the link is fair and legal and is not presented in a way that is:
- misleading or could suggest any type of association, approval or endorsement by us that does not exist, or
- harmful to our reputation or the reputation of any of our affiliates;
- you retain the legal right and technical ability to immediately remove the link at any time, following a request by us to do so;
- the link will not cause this Site or any content on this Site to be:
- embedded in or ‘framed’ by any other website, or
- otherwise displayed in a way different to the way originally intended by us.
We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
7 Ownership of intellectual property
The intellectual property rights any works in the Site and all of the text, pictures, videos and other content made available on it are owned by us and our licensors. You may not print or otherwise make copies of any such content without our express prior permission.
The copyright and database right (and all other intellectual property rights) in application documents or any other material after their amendments shall belong to RF save that they were developed by applicants without RF’s assistance. Such amended application documents or any other material shall not be subject to return to start-up applicant. Subject to clause 9, the intellectual property rights to any works we have done in regard to introduction of your matter to VCs, any amended business plan or its part and any other asset prepared by us for the application purposes remains our property and we are not obliged to transfer it to you, or provide you with a copy, subject to a separate arrangements for a valid consideration.
8 Financial activity
RF provides no financial promotions, financial services and any regulated activity or any other related activity whatsoever under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001 (SI 2001/544).
These obligations shall not apply to any information which:
- was known or in the possession of the Receiving Party before it was provided to the Receiving Party by the Supplying Party;
- is, or becomes, publicly available through no fault of the Receiving Party;
- is provided to the Receiving Party without restriction or disclosure by a third party, who did not breach any confidentiality obligations by making such a disclosure;
- was developed by the Receiving Party (or on its behalf) who had no direct access to, or use or knowledge of the confidential information supplied by the Supplying Party; or
- is required to be disclosed by order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
10 Governing law
The number of arbitrators shall be three.
The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be London.
The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
The governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of England and Wales.